You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "The Boys of Summer"

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Song of the Week: "The Boys of Summer"

Despite Labor Day being the official or unofficial end of summer, depending on how you look at it, I can't help but feel like summer isn't over just yet. Maybe it's due to the fact that the past week has been in the upper 80s, today hitting 90 degrees! Nonetheless, I've just realized that I haven't posted my favorite summer song on the blog yet! I know this song was originally done by Don Henley (see video below).



But personally, I favor The Ataris' take on it. It brings me back to my high school days and those endless trips down the Jersey shore with the radio blasting and not a care in the world. Let me know which version you prefer.



Spending a few hours in the 90 degree heat today awaiting the NFL Kickoff Concert made me second guess the idea that summer is truly gone. I think we have a good few weeks left. (Positive thinking people!) Check back tomorrow for a full review from Usher, Keith Urban and Natasha Bedingfield's performance today. I'll most likely post it after it airs tomorrow night so I don't ruin the surprises for you when watching. You can watch highlights from the concert at 9 p.m. tomorrow on NBC! I'm excited to watch . . . curious to see if I'll be able to spot myself in the crowd. I had a pretty decent view of the stage so I'm hoping my photos from my phone came out well to post for you all!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.