You Sing, I Write: Q&A with Ciara

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Q&A with Ciara

Photo Credit: Wendy Hu

With current single “Love Sex Magic” featuring Justin Timberlake climbing the charts and her recent appearance on "SNL," Ciara is as popular as ever. It can’t hurt that tour dates have just been confirmed for summer shows with Jay-Z and Britney Spears. Read on for the details and Ciara's secret to that fantastic body.

You have a pretty busy summer lined up.
I’ll be touring with Jay-Z a few dates in July; we’ll be doing five cities together. We’ll be doing two times at each city. I’m excited about it. I’ve always loved mixing the rap, R&B and pop together. It’s always been a fun challenge for me but it’s also been very cool to be able to go on tour with a rapper like Jay-Z and then also be able to go on tour with Britney Spears which is what I’m doing in June. It’s fun to be able to do all those extremes.

In a battle scene who would win, Super C or Sasha Fierce?
You know what; I’m just going to say it would be a lot of fun. It would definitely be entertaining. I think Beyonce is really dope and talented. I definitely would get down and do my thing. I can’t really say but I would say it would be a lot of fun.

Sum up your song “Love Sex Magic.”
It’s all about having fun. Playing with the imagination a little bit and just kind of painting a picture for the mind of a guy in a show giving him a little fun, cool show: love, sex, magic.

Which songs are you most excited about this summer?
I’ll be honest, I can’t answer that question as good as I want to because I’m not really aware of every single song that’s out right now. I really am enjoying Lady Gaga and Flo Rida is doing pretty cool with some records. Also the Black Eyed Peas “Boom Boom Boom” is pretty fun. Those are a few things. Also, I have a record called “Work” with Missy Elliot which I’m excited about too and a song called “Like a Surgeon” so those will be a few of my songs as well.

What’s the one work out you can’t live without and why?
Honestly, I haven’t worked out in so long. But, I would say when I work out I love to do my squats and my lunges because it’s all about the toosh. I need to get that toosh sitting up pretty nicely. Lunges and squats are my favorite.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.