You Sing, I Write: Q&A with Intimate Stranger

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Q&A with Intimate Stranger

A few weeks ago I interviewed Tessie S-Woodgate from Chile-based band Intimate Stranger. She filled me in on her writing process, how the band formed and plans for SXSW.

"SXSW is really important to us since it's the chance to play to a bunch of new people who haven't seen us live, in a place where we are relatively unknown. It's new terrain for us, so the prospects are very exciting," she said.

Having experienced the 8.8 earthquake in Chile, Tessie recently wrote her firsthand account for austin360.com. Despite the devastation her hometown has faced, Intimate Stranger will perform several showcases next week at SXSW and will play a benefit for the people of Chile at the Parish in Austin.

For Tessie's account of the earthquake, click here.

To read my complete interview with her on Spinner.com, click here.

1 comment:

derek@dartmusicinternational.org said...

I could not find the full interview. Can you repost or send it to me at derek@futurefrequencies.com

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.