Last night I went to a tribute concert for the Rat Pack and it got me thinking. Surprisingly, I knew most of the songs performed throughout the night thanks to my parents' music selection growing up. While the majority of the songs featured were from the 60s, I started wondering about all the hits from that era and others I might like.
Low and behold, I present to you my Top 10 list. I realize this barely scratches the surface of the amazing music that came out of this fruitful decade, but thought I'd share with you some of my favorites (in no particular order). What songs did I miss? Which artists should I have showcased? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
1. "Everybody Loves Somebody" by Dean Martin
2. "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles
3. "My Way" by Frank Sinatra
4. "Daydream Believer" by The Monkees
5. "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by The Beach Boys
6. "Like A Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan
7. "Walk On By" by Dionne Warwick
8. "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations
9. "Baby Love" by The Supremes
10. "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon And Garfunkel
These are only a few of the hits from the 60s. What did I leave out?