You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "When I Reach California"

Friday, December 5, 2008

Song of the Week: "When I Reach California"

I caught a short performance from Brent Shuttleworth this past Monday when I covered the "A Holiday Benefit" concert and haven't been able to stop playing his song, "When I Reach California" since. Definitely my favorite new tune, his deep vocals and emotion-filled lyrics really come across strongly to the listener. Lyrics like, "You turned your back on me when I needed you/You buried me just like a funeral/I'm so sure right now that you never knew/What I had given up to be with you" really leave an impact.

Below is the video for "When I Reach California." If you like what you hear check out his MySpace page and if you're in the New York area be sure to catch his show this Sunday at Joe's Pub at 9 p.m. I'll be there, so if you can't make it I'll have a write-up for you early next week!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.