You Sing, I Write: Meet Danny Gokey

Monday, March 15, 2010

Meet Danny Gokey

Some of you may recognize Danny Gokey as third-place finalist from season 8 of American Idol. Since Idol, Gokey has gone on to sign a record deal with Sony Music Nashville and released his debut album, My Best Days earlier this month. With current single, "My Best Days Are Ahead of Me" climbing the country charts and a summer tour with Sugarland and Jake Owen in the works, he is well on his way.

Gokey recently sat down with Walmart Soundcheck and filled them in on his first single, dealing with his wife's death and his love of music.

"I think music, whether I write it or not, always makes a connection. Music is a universal language that everyone speaks. Music has formed humanity. In every culture there is music. Music can make you feel different emotions at different times and I think that's the power and connection of music. Whether I write it or not, I connect with the music and I try to make people feel what I feel when I'm singing," he said.

Learn about Gokey's debut album below and for the complete interview where he talks of stage fright, American Idol and why he sees his music as a movement click here.



Currently one of my favorite country music videos, watch "My Best Days Are Ahead Of Me" below. Pay close attention the quotes.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.