You Sing, I Write: Blast From the Past: Q&A with Ace Enders

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Blast From the Past: Q&A with Ace Enders

The best part of working at my college newspaper was that I knew everything that was going on around campus. So, whenever a band was performing, you bet I was there. Below is my blog post from Jane Magazine's music blog portion of the Web site of my interview with Ace Enders, formerly of The Early November.

I'm always excited to find out about good bands from New Jersey, being a Jersey girl myself. This past Friday I saw emo/indie rock band The Early November from Hammonton, put on a show at Rutgers and they really blew me away. After the concert I chatted with lead singer Ace Enders about the concept of the band's new three-disc album and how fans should listen to it with headphones on because "it takes you to a different place."

Where do you get inspiration for your music?
I try and reach just from everyday normal life; from watching people and how they react to different things.

You played at Rutgers before right?
Yeah. We played in a classroom one time. It was a little weird. We had a chalk board behind us.

How did you feel seeing your video on MTV the first time?
It was definitely a weird feeling the first time. But it faded pretty quickly when we heard that they were taking it off MTV.

How did you get the idea for the story line on your current album?
It didn't come out exactly how I wanted it to come out. It was supposed to be not just songs, but more for your imagination. It would follow a whole story. It's not perfect, but it came out a bit.

—Annie

November 20, 2006

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.