You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "Ghost Town"

Friday, April 17, 2009

Song of the Week: "Ghost Town"

I've been hearing a lot about Shiny Toy Guns lately, so I decided to check them out for myself. While I only had maybe a minute glimpse at their set during South By Southwest, I've heard wonders about their live performance. After taking a listen to their MySpace and some songs on YouTube, I stumbled on their single "Ghost Town" and liked what I heard.

While the song itself sounds more like it'd be played at a club, it has been a hit on the modern rock charts. Charts aside, there's much more meaning behind the song. On their Web site, a fan asked the story behind the track to which Shiny Toy Guns wrote, "Ghost Town is anything that holds you back, that puts a ceiling on your life or your goals. Its an anthem for any and all who want to get out of the 'ghost town' in their lives and want to move forward and progress to become the people they always wanted to be."

They continue, "The song is sort of our anthem about how you can and very much will be able to do anything that you want to do, whenever you want too, with the right motivation and the desire and will to break free from whatever is keeping you living in a ghost town."

Can you relate? You can watch the music video for "Ghost Town" here. Be sure to visit their Web site as well as give their tunes a listen on MySpace. I'm hoping to catch a show of theirs soon, so I'll be sure to let you know how they are live!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.