You Sing, I Write: Remix Mariah Carey's Song and Win Money!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Remix Mariah Carey's Song and Win Money!

Have you ever heard a song and thought to yourself, "I could remix that better"? Well, now is your chance! Mariah Carey is allowing fans and remixers to compete with each other by remixing her current single, "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" off of her most recent album, E=MC².

Act fast though, because submissions will be accepted only until August 28th. Tools to remix the song will include eight instrument stems from the song, available here where fans can mix lead vocals, keyboards, brass, bass and drum parts as well as an advanced audio package for contestants who want to create more intricate entries.

The contest is being launched through Mariah's website, with the help of UltraStar Entertainment and IndabaMusic.com while online fan voting begins August 29 and ends September 12. The 10 finalists voted by fans will then be judged by the co-executive producer of E=MC², dance columnist of Billboard and the EVP of Indaba Music with the grand prize including $5,000 cash as well as the remix being posted on Mariah's website, MySpace and record label site.

I might try it out for myself, let me know if any of you do as well! I'd love to check out your remixes!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.