You Sing, I Write: Artist of the Week: Matt Nathanson

Monday, January 5, 2009

Artist of the Week: Matt Nathanson

I've seen Matt Nathanson a few times in concert, most recently opening up for Lifehouse last spring. I completely forgot how much I love his music until it came on Pandora today. Sure, he may sound like your typical singer-songwriter but there's something different. His vocals are so relaxing and I can easily listen to his MySpace page all day without getting bored.

"Come On Get Higher" is such a classic. With lyrics like, "So come on, get higher, loosen my lips/Faith and desire and the swing of your hips/Just pull me down hard/And drown me in love/I miss the pull of your heart/I taste the sparks on your tongue/I see angels and devils and God, when you come on" you can't but help to continue and listen. In fact, all his songs have those impeccable catchy choruses. Instead of boring you with my take on Nathanson, watch some of his videos below and let me know what you think! If that's not enough be sure to check out his MySpace with a hilarious song titled "Philadelphia" — you guessed it correctly, dedicated to the city of the same name.

"Come On Get Higher"



"Car Crash"



One more song for you live from Matt's home. Listen to "All We Are" acoustic below.



What do you think? For more on Matt Nathanson be sure to visit his Web site or listen to him on MySpace.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.