You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "Bitter Sweet Symphony"

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Song of the Week: "Bitter Sweet Symphony"

Since interviewing frontman Ace Enders of Ace Enders and A Million Different People, and learning that his band's name was inspired in part by The Verve's song, "Bitter Sweet Symphony" I've been hearing it everywhere! Such a great song, I've decided to make it my song of the week this week.



If you read my interview with Enders, you know that both he and a bunch of other bands have recorded a cover of the song and released it in December. The voices heard on the track include Mark Hoppus (Blink-182), Matt Thiessen (Relient K), Kenny Vasoli (Starting Line), Craig Owens (Chiodos), Alex Gaskarth (All Time Low), Aaron Marsh (Copeland), Duane F. Okun (Socratic), and Bryce Avery (the Rocket Summer). Fans can purchase it on iTunes here with all the proceeds going to VH1's Save the Music Foundation. Learn more about the project here. And listen to the cover below:



If you like what you heard, be sure to purchase it on iTunes where you can help Save the Music and get music into schools.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who thinks it sounds a lot like Vanessa Carlton's song "Annie" ?

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.