You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "You and I"

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Song of the Week: "You and I"

Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter Jenna Bryson sent me  her new single last week and I instantly fell in love with it. Her airy vocals sounds familiar and beg reference to fellow Californian Colbie Caillat, but with distinct personality. Her music has been described as, "If Kelly Clarkson and Sarah McLachlan had a baby and then sent it to be raised by Jewel."

Bryson's voice soars over the music beautifully on "You and I" and switches gears midway through the song with edgier percussion and more forceful vocals. It's unexpected and puts her in a category of her own.

You can listen to "You and I" on MySpace, Facebook and Last.fm. Take your pick, and let me  know what you think! You'll be hearing much more from Bryson in the upcoming months as a new record is on the way.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.