You Sing, I Write: Wishing You Were In Tennessee This Week?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wishing You Were In Tennessee This Week?

Me too.

With Bonnaroo and CMA Music Fest going on, I'd do anything to be at both. Alas, I'm not. But that doesn't mean I can't pretend I'm there, right? Thanks to Paste and SPIN magazines, I can listen to free tracks from their Bonnaroo samplers and envision myself in a sweaty crowd, packed like sardines with my fist in the air. Download each sampler above and join me, won't you?

If that's not good enough for you, WFUV is broadcasting Bonnaroo live. Tune into 90.7 FM this Friday from 7:00 p.m. - midnight for performances by The National, The xx, The Temper Trap, Diane Birch, Mayer Hawthorne and more. On Saturday, from 7:00 p.m. - midnight, the music marathon continues with performances by Norah Jones, LCD Soundsystem, Jimmy Cliff, and The Gaslight Anthem. If you're not in New York, you can stream WFUV online here.

Country music fans need not make the trek to Nashville to CMA Music Festival to listen to free tracks from up-and-coming acts. Just click here for your 10 free songs. If audio tracks don't cut it, tune into CMT tonight at 8 p.m. for the CMT Awards with live performances by Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban and (my favorite) John Mayer.

I'll have some more tracks for you Saturday so stay tuned. Here's to being in Tennessee next year!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.