You Sing, I Write: Dawes Impress at First New Jersey Gig

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dawes Impress at First New Jersey Gig

California-based folk rockers Dawes performed to a packed room of enthusiastic concertgoers for a little more than an hour at Maxwell's Friday night. While crowd favorite "When My Time Comes" felt like a spiritual experience with fans screaming the lyrics word for word with their fists in the air, the remainder of their hour-long set was nothing short of energetic with minute long musical jams throughout.

With four part harmonies and solid musical features, Dawes' set impressed. Their first performance in the Garden State, frontman Taylor Goldsmith seemed eager to come back.

"If this is our first show in New Jersey, I'd say we're off to a pretty good start," he said midway through their set. "Here's to the first of many."

For my complete review, visit Hoboken Patch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They were awesome! I saw them at pier 54 a couple weeks ago, and I was actually planning on going to the hoboken show, but it was an early show and I was in the studio recording!!! ARGH! My friend Dan romanoff was there - I wouldnt be surprised if you guys knew each other!!

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.