You Sing, I Write: Song of the Week: "Why Georgia"

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Song of the Week: "Why Georgia"

This past week has been a whirlwind of changes. When reflecting on life and next steps I always turn to music. After missing my last bus home to Jersey last week after a stressful day of apartment searching John Mayer's "Why Georgia" came on my iPod. Though the song is a decade old and I've heard it at least a million times, it struck a chord. Maybe my quarter life crisis has finally struck, but his lyrics really hit home.

"Everybody is just a stranger but/That's the danger in going my own way/I guess it's the price I have to pay/ Still 'everything happens for a reason'/Is no reason not to ask myself if I'm living it right."

Regardless of his status in the tabloids and my friends tiring of my obsession of him, his music always manages to make an impact on me. Watch the video below of "Why Georgia" and be sure to follow my concert coverage [cough: gushing] on Twitter tonight when I catch his show in Pennsylvania!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.