You Sing, I Write: Follow My SXSW Experience on MarieClaire.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Follow My SXSW Experience on MarieClaire.com

In addition to interviewing bands for my site, I'll be blogging about SXSW for MarieClaire.com. You can check out my first blog post here, or read it below!

On a whim, two weeks ago, I booked a flight to attend the annual South By Southwest (SXSW) music festival in Austin, Texas. My first trip solo, I'm taking a few risks. For one, I don't know my roommates for the week (turns out we do have two mutual friends on Facebook so we're practically real friends, right?). Second little baby hiccup — I don't have an official badge to get around the festival yet. Just a few minor details . . .

Not your typical outgoing and in-your-face journalist, my friends have been telling me I'm being a bit ballsy since I'm flying all the way to Texas and have no idea how the week will transpire. However, I'm confident that I'll figure it all out and already have some great interviews planned with up-and-coming musicians showcased at the festival. So be sure to stay tuned in for those.

From a secret (or not so secret anymore) Metallica performance to a possibly haunted bathroom at the Driskill Hotel, I'm hoping to fill you in on the latest happenings at SXSW so you can enjoy them as much as I do while I'm there. I'll be sure to fill you in on all my musician spottings, shows I catch and exclusive SXSW interviews. You can follow my SXSW adventures on Marie Claire's Twitter as well. About to board my flight to Austin so next time you hear from me I'll hopefully have that whole badge situation figured out!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.