You Sing, I Write: Ray LaMontagne on SNL

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ray LaMontagne on SNL

I fell in love with Ray LaMontagne's song, "You Are The Best Thing" a few months ago right before his album, Gossip In The Grain was released. Since then, the rustic singer-songwriter has been receiving rave reviews from the likes of Rolling Stone and even fellow singer-songwriter John Mayer, who has called LaMontagne, "so pure, it's arresting." Mayer continued his praise in a blog post writing, "I think Ray LaMontagne is as brilliant as any artist that has ever lived." Pretty strong compliment right there.

I'm super excited to see LaMontagne live this Thursday. As a preview to my upcoming concert review, I figured I'd post his recent performance on Saturday Night Live. You can view the videos below, I'd love to know what you think!

Watch LaMontagne as he performs "You Are The Best Thing" on Saturday Night Live.



Ray LaMontagne playing "Trouble" on SNL.

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.